Saturday 11 August 2012

Weekend Fun
Mt Holdsworth

Today (Saturday) Aoi, Tom, Mum and I all went to Mt Holdsworth to show Aoi what our NZ forests are like. It was a beautiful sunny day. We went in at Holdsworth Lodge. We walked to Donnolly Flats and then did the loop walk back to the car park.
We really enjoyed the day. Aoi got to feel our cold river water and we just enjoyed the time together. My brother and I were trying to piggy back each other, which was funny. It was nice to be in the bush.

Harakeke and Origami

Aoi and I have been teaching each other how to do Harakeke and Origami.

I thought it was impossible to do the origami but now I have the hang of it. We made cranes and people.
I have now made about 25 cranes (tsuru). Aoi was making putiputi today. She has got really good at them and we have made a bouquet that she can hopefully take home with her.

I think that harakeke and origami are very similar because you think they are hard to do but with a bit of practice you can  learn to do them.



Georgia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment