Thursday 2 August 2012

On Wednesday 1st August the Japanese students arrived in N.Z and came to the hall at about 5.00 the Kapa Haka group did a Powhiri to welcome them in. I did the karanga when they came into the hall and Momo Iwasaki replied, then Rhemus did a whaikorero. 
On Thursday Aoi went to Pukaha Mount Bruce and saw the white kiwi Manukura and they also saw the kokako, they fed the eels, they also fed the kaka and the tuatara.
Today we are going to Gladstone school where they are going to do a powhiri, then we are going to the   Park Vale Mushroom factory, after that we are going to the Taratahi farm to milk cows and see calves.
Aoi also taught me how to do the string games when you make shapes with string and your hands, it took me a little while to figure it out but she was a good teacher and I know it off by heart now.
Georgiaxx

1 comment:

  1. Well on the Kapa Haka performance, and for calling the Japanese group into the hall. It is always a great highlight of their trip. I am looking forward to our performance in Japan.

    I am glad you are enjoying your student, and you are learning some things from her.

    ReplyDelete